BRAND NEW NEXT-GENERATION SENSOR NOW AVAILABLE - leveraging new sensors and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a leap forward in accuracy and performance.
“Generation 2” navX2-MXP is a drop-in replacement for “Classic” navX-MXP, adding significant performance enhancements. See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information about navX2-MXP's new and enhanced capabilities.
*** Feature and Benefits Summary ***
- 9-Axis Inertial/Magnetic Sensor (Gyro / Accelerometer / Magnetometer)
- Intelligent Motion Processor
- RoboRIO Expansion I/O
Supercharge your robot: Field-oriented drive, auto-balancing, collision detection, motion detection, auto-rotate-to-angle, linear velocity vectors and more…
Expand your RoboRIO: 10 Digital I/Os, 4 Analog Inputs, 2 Analog Outputs, and TTL UART / I2C / SPI ports.
Plug-n-Play: easily installed via RoboRIO’s MXP Expansion connector or USB port.
Easy-to-integrate: C++, Java and LabView libraries and sample application code simplify integration.
Backwards-compatible: existing navX-MXP users can upgrade easily.
navX2-MXP is a must-have add on to any RoboRIO-based control system, and includes free software libraries, example code and many more features.
navX2-MXP was designed to use the RoboRIO MXP Expansion Connector - enabling plug-n-play installation on the National Instruments RoboRIO, and adding digital, analog I/O and UART / SPI / I2C port expansion. navX2-MXP will be compatible with the forthcoming RoboRIO 2.0; for more details, see the Next Generation Control System Update on the FRC Blog.
*** What's New and Improved in navX2-MXP *****
- Significantly improved yaw accuracy and stability, even during Extreme inertial events. navX2-MXP features very high-accuracy orientation (yaw/pitch/roll), with minimal yaw drift of ~0.5 degree per minute when moving, and < 0.2 degrees/hour when still. navX2-MXP is incredibly stable, and averages a yaw drift of only 2 degrees per DAY. navX2-MXP's new Industrial-class ISM330DHCX IMU sensor handles high rotation (4000 degree/second) and impact (16G, operates in higher temperature environments and can survive extreme shock events (20,000G).
- Rapid (5-second) auto-calibrating startup.
- navX2-MXP features an upgraded 180Mhz 32-bit floating-point ARM processor, the new sensors, and new state-of-the-art software algorithms which take navX technology to the next level, including a blazing-fast 416-Khz Kalman Filter, enhanced sensor calibration and algorithms which fuse gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer data into a “9-axis heading”.
- As a result of these upgrades, the accuracy of Velocity Vector Measurements and Displacement Estimates is also improved.
Important: As we are currently out of stock, you can use the NavX-2 Micro 9-axis Inertial/Magnetic Sensor with your RoboRIO.